Thursday 7 May 2015

Spring turning into summer...:)

I have a toothache that's been getting a little worse, and I gotta say it's worrying me a little as that's how the AML mouth ulcers started. BUT. I'm also NOT worried as I feel totally fine otherwise! My in-patient therapist (who was amazing!) would tell me whenever I was nervous about relapsing, to list all the reasons that were "proof" I was getting sick again, and all the reasons that showed I was still healthy. It was a really useful exercise, as it's helped calmed my nerves a lot. The list of reasons that point to me being healthy tends to be the overwhelmingly longer list, and the fact that I enjoy making lists and find the very act of list-making a genuinely calming activity, is certainly an added, lucky benefit.

Spring is quickly turning to summer. We just celebrated Mike's birthday on Monday. It was a lot of fun. He's on vacation now so we've been hanging out and times are good. I start back at work on Friday! The kids are going to be crazy (we're in the homestretch for the end of the school year, so they're getting crazy with their regular teachers, to say NOTHING of how they act with substitute teachers, eek), but I'm just so happy to be going back to work, so I'll find ways to survive. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

5 years

After all these years, I still think EVERY DAY about what a luxury it is to walk around my own home in bare feet and feel the wooden floor b...