It's remembering all the inside jokes that's the hardest. Not reminiscing about them, but remembering them and thinking how I'll go quote them to my mom...and then realizing I have no one to quote them to. The inside jokes will have to stay inside my head forever now. I can try to explain them to people, but there's no point, really. I just have to keep them to myself, and that sucks. That really, really sucks.
On Twitter just now, I came across something my mom & I used to quote often, framed as a really funny joke, and for the first time in awhile, actually forgot--I actually went to copy/paste it to send to her--and then I was like, "What am I doing?"
I'm doing better these days in general but then there's moments (or entire days) where everything just feels awful and I don't feel like deriving joy from anything the world has to offer, because she no longer can, so it isn't fair.
"The two basic items necessary to sustain life are sunshine and coconut milk."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ain't nothing wrong with cosmetic surgery
I keep wondering if Miku's had some work done on her lips (or jawline) these days. Not that it's my business, of course, but knowing...
-
I really think I’d be OK and get through this whole quarantine alright if OCD just wasn’t suffocating me. The other day I had an absolute br...
-
I've been so out of breath today. My counts are at zero (it sure took long enough!) so from here on there's nowhere to go but up, bu...
-
I ended up back in the ER this past weekend with TERRIBLE abdominal pain--like, seriously, I couldn't even walk. They put me on a morphi...
No comments:
Post a Comment