Friday 27 September 2024

ICYMI: mask bullies = human garbage :)

Masks & distancing are INCREDIBLY helpful--life-saving, even. That's not opinion--that's just fact. I don't understand how there's still people out there who don't know that--or rather, who refuse to acknowledge it.

I had been wearing N95s until recently; when they ran out, for the first time since 2021, I didn't replenish them. I have some regular paper masks that I wear here & there but even those I've been tapering off with. I always have masks in my purse just in case--for example, getting on a crowded bus or train or during rush hour or whatever--but I've been stopping that too, and lately I haven't bothered with many safety measures at all, because I'm tired of feeling like I'm being stared at, which is really not like me. But I guess we all have our thresholds.


I'm just incredibly bitter & fed up that I've put so much work into caring & being careful over these past 4 years (and the $1000 I've spent on therapy due to the OCD meltdown I had because of it), while not only constantly dealing with people who don't care--as fucked up as that is--but people who ridicule those of us who are just minding our business and trying to protect others. Getting shat on for trying to protect others--and avoid being sick--is something i can never understand, and something I could never, ever, ever forgive anyone for.


And like...it's not even strictly about Covid? I don't want people's colds or flus or gastro or whatever. Why would anyone?

(And you KNOW the folks who ridicule others for wearing a mask are 100% the same people who whine & cry to everyone when they have a cold. 100%! 🤣)


I don't understand why people care, why they can't mind their own business.


Why does what I do bother them when it doesn't affect them in ANY way--and not only that, but what I'm doing is totally innocent? It's just... being safe? How could that possibly offend anyone? It truly, absolutely doesn't make a lick of sense.

The only logical explanation for any of this is that those of us who try to protect ourselves (and others) are striking a nerve with these folks. They obviously have some kind of (well-deserved) guilt deep down, and that's why they react so defensively.

That's not even a hunch, btw; that's so clearly what the reason is.


And if they're feeling guilty, great. But that's not *our* problem.

And fuck them for taking it out on us.


I'm beyond fed-up of working hard & caring when I get ridiculed for doing so. I'm too tired.


At the very least, I can go to sleep at night knowing I'm a good person, and anytime i feel ashamed or angry or disappointed in myself for screwing up or saying something mean, I just remember "well, at least I'm not like these viciously selfish, willfully ignorant goons" and I immediately feel better. 🙂 So that's a plus, at least! ha!


......Aaaaannnnd that was the ultra-nice, reeaaally restrained version of what I want to say--what I'm thinking & feeling is soooooo much angrier than all I held back here--but yeah! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

ICYMI: mask bullies = human garbage :)

Masks & distancing are INCREDIBLY helpful--life-saving, even. That's not opinion--that's just fact. I don't understand how t...