Wednesday 20 March 2013

I hate my IV machine

I have a headache from not sleeping well, as usual. I often sleep 8-9 hours a night, but it's not good sleep. Either I have nightmares (last night I had MULTIPLE nightmares, ugggh that was unpleasant as all hell), or my stupid IV machine goes off. Sometimes I take half a sleeping pill to fall asleep, and it knocks me out, but it works a little too well--if my IV machine starts beeping in the middle of the night, I'll hear it in my sleep, but I won't be able to wake myself up to press the bell to call the nurse to come turn it off. It's so annoying! The night before last, I tried to wake myself up over the course of a half hour. A half hour of that fucking beeping. OMG. A couple of times I managed to wake myself up, but when I did, I fell right back asleep before I could press the bell. And when I finally DID wake myself up completely, it took another 15 minutes before a nurse came to turn off the beeping. That was a great night.

I really, really hate my IV machine. On top of the annoying sounds it makes, it's so big and clunky and really a GIGANTIC pain in the ass to lug around. Dragging it with me to the bathroom is no fun at all, and trying to maneuver around the room with it is close to impossible. The way my room is configured, there's very little space between my bed and the table next to the wall, the machine that takes my vitals, and the cupboard, so getting from one end of the room to the other is close to impossible. It's beyond frustrating. Sometimes I get so aggravated that I just smash the IV machine through anything that's in my way, which has nearly causes it to fall down, which would be terrible if it actually happened for a number of reasons. Arrrghhhhh.

Anyway. I've said it before and I'll say it again--thank the gods for Jpop!

Ughhhhh so tired. Maybe I should take a nap. But I'll just end up being disturbed by people coming in here, so maybe not.

2 comments:

  1. Let's see if this works... I just wanted to say that I totally sympathize about the IV machine... Mine beeped all the time too and no one ever came. I always had to press the call button and be like hellllooo my machine is beeping... Also, I had I think 4 IVs put in during my hospital stay. I am sure you'll have more than that, you poor thing... Stay strong. Anyway, one IV I had was put in such a way that whenever I pressed my button for more morphine, I could feel it pulsating into my vein... Eek. I also have a scar from it. And... the worst part... Lugging it around.. And yes, showering. Annnd, for one of my surgeries I had to drink that liquid that makes you poop your brains out (that people take for colonoscopies..) Wellll, that was fun running to the toilet a million times with my IV. At the end of that terrible night, I layed down to finally sleep thinking I was done "going" when all of a sudden I had to go again. A poor Jamaican lady was mopping the hardwood floor in my room (due to my wonderful "accidents"). So, I jumped out, starting running to the bathroom towing my IV, slipped, fell bare-assed as my gown opened up, and then got up and managed to make it to the toilet. The poor lady mopping was flipping out and apologizing to me in her wonderful accent. It was a low moment. Anyway, thought someone else's bitching my help you feel better and give you a laugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, that is quite the story! Thank you sooo much for sharing it with me, I really appreciate it. I've been meaning to reply to this comment for so long now. Thanks for taking the time to type this all out for me, it certainly made me laugh indeed! ^_^;

      Delete

5 years

After all these years, I still think EVERY DAY about what a luxury it is to walk around my own home in bare feet and feel the wooden floor b...