Friday 22 March 2013

Wheeeeeeeeelchair! :P

I got a new mouth ulcer last week and FUCK does it hurt. Today the pain was just unbearable but as I'm neutropenic, the nurses can't give me anything except painkillers. I got a shot of dilaudid and it worked for about twenty minutes, after that it hurt like hell to talk so I just mimed and whispered and wrote on paper. I was high as all hell though (well, this IS dilaudid we're talking about) and I had to go get an X-ray, so the transport guy had to bring me via wheelchair down to the 4th floor to the X-ray ward and let me tell you, getting pushed around on a wheelchair while strung out on dilaudid is a LOT of fun. You know those dreams where it feels like you're flying? It was kind of like that. Good times!

Well, when I came back from my X-ray my mouth was still hurting, so they gave me lidocaine in a little shot glass. I'm going to try to remember to take a picture of the next dosage as it truly does look like a shooter of some delicious type of alcohol. Anyway, THAT finally worked, but boy does it feel weird, as it numbs your entire mouth, tongue included. o_O But whatever. It works. I can take it every 4 hours, so come 10:30, damn straight I'm having another!

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh I hate the numb tongue feeling! Before I switched to an alcohol-free mouthwash I used to get really bad twinges in some teeth and I would use orajel. But OF COURSE you always get that little drip of it on your tongue and ughhhhh.
    Love the sound of the wheelchair trip though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tingly part always scares me cuz it reminds me of the beginning of an allergic reaction. o_O

      Delete

ICYMI: mask bullies = human garbage :)

Masks & distancing are INCREDIBLY helpful--life-saving, even. That's not opinion--that's just fact. I don't understand how t...