Tuesday 8 October 2019

Day 60

Day 60 is landmark date for BMT (Bone Marrow Transplant) patients. Have I written about this already? I can't remember. I can't remember who I tell what anymore; it feels like I'm always talking about the transplant stuff to everyone, which is partly why I have this blog, and mostly why there's been a recent surge of me writing in it; I'm so tired of talking about the transplant stuff all the time (and always repeating myself), so I figure if I write enough about it here, at least some people can stay updated, and I won't need to write/talk about it as much.

So anyway, yeah. Day 60. The other landmark dates are day 100 and of course, day 365. It was Day 60 for me yesterday, although the day fell on a Sunday, so I was not in clinic.  For day 60, this is what's happening: 
- I "graduate" from the transfusion daycare centre to the hematology/BMT clinic, which is fantastic because it's far fewer people, and that also means less waiting. The daycare is utterly chaotic, for a few reasons. I'm happy to "graduate".
- I may be getting fewer appointments now (once a week as opposed to twice a week), but that will depend on a lot of different factors, like my virus counts and all of that. So we'll see.
- Day 60 means it's time for another biopsy, just to ensure that things are going smoothly. My team is very happy with my blood counts so far, but rules is rules and you wanna keep an eye on these kinds of things. My biopsy might be tomorrow, or on Friday.

In addition to all of this, my Day 60 was followed up with some good news today--well, the finding out that my next appointment (tomorrow) is already to be at the BMT clinic (I thought I'd have to wait til next week), and the other exciting news is that my virus counts are continuing to go down. (Speaking of which, I don't have to do that clinical trial I may or may not have mentioned here.) Yay!

Keeping my fingers crossed that news stays positive. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

5 years

After all these years, I still think EVERY DAY about what a luxury it is to walk around my own home in bare feet and feel the wooden floor b...