Sunday 6 October 2019

Memories & freckles

According to Facebook Memories (and my own memory!), on this day last year Mike and I took an overnight trip to London, Ontario. I remember feeling so horribly sick that evening, and we had to cut our night short and head back to the air bnb we were staying at so I could lie down, and I ended up falling asleep at around 9pm! I couldn't understand why I felt so sick; I didn't have a cold or the flu or anything, I just felt so fatigued and awful. Thinking back, I really believe that was the beginning of my relapse. I didn't have my blood test until December 18th, so the timing makes sense. It's kind of a creepy feeling for me, thinking of that trip.

In that vein, I also remember going out to see a friend's show in late November and then going out for drinks afterward, then going home only to feel like I had drunk the whole bar and had caught the flu at the same time. That was November 23rd-ish, so that was definitely the relapse. It's so fucking creepy to think back to that night now, thinking of how much fun I had, and being so confused as to why I felt so utterly sick when I got home, having no idea what awaited me in a few weeks' time.

Oh well. Things could be worse. And I hope they don't get that way. I refuse!

In other news, the chemo I got during my transplant treatment gave me freckles. How random is that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

5 years

After all these years, I still think EVERY DAY about what a luxury it is to walk around my own home in bare feet and feel the wooden floor b...