Thursday 13 June 2013

Tales from a cyborg

Whew. Got home yesterday, yay! Today Mike took me for a drive in the SUV he rented for work, so that was fun, as it's a safe-ish way for me to get out of the apartment for a bit. I had to walk one block to get where he parked it, and even though this was over two hours ago, I'm STILL out of breath. Oh, chemo. Unnnghhh. I have so much to do in terms for appealing my rejection for EI illness benefits but I'm too wiped to go look for my papers. This morning I made myself eggs and was knocked out for a good 45 minutes afterwards. I'm getting used to the drill though. I know in a couple of weeks I'll feel fine, bla bla bla.

I have to keep my piccline in as my veins have gotten too weak to poke anymore, so that's really annoying. It's a yucky feeling, as the tubes that stick out on the outside dangle and get in the way of things and are kind of heavy and I feel the tubes (not the piccline itself) at the insertion site and arrrghhh. And showering with it is such a bitch, I can't even explain it. Yesterday Mike and I wrapped it up to prepare me for a shower and it was such a pain in the ass that we mutually decided I don't need to shower daily anymore. :P

I absolutely will not go into public with this fucking thing, so we bought gauze to wrap it up in, and omg it's SO MUCH MORE COMFORTABLE like this! No dangling, no buggy, tugging feeling...the thing is, I'm not supposed to leave it like this as it's supposed to breathe, and I'm supposed to uncover it while I'm at home, but I'll leave it like this for now (what if I were out for a really long time?) as it's just so much more snug and comfortable, it's ridiculous. I'm not sweating, so I feel it's OK...

No comments:

Post a Comment

ICYMI: mask bullies = human garbage :)

Masks & distancing are INCREDIBLY helpful--life-saving, even. That's not opinion--that's just fact. I don't understand how t...